Sunday, April 14, 2013

No Greater Love


"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." - John 15:13 NKJV

There is no greater love than this: to lay down one's life for his friends. 

Jesus is simply saying that He is Love. In fact, He is the highest form of Love, the greatest expression of Love, in that He gave His own life for ours. Another way to look at it would be that He substituted, or traded, His life for ours. He took our away our debts and  our penalties. He took away our sins, sicknesses, diseases, and all the darkness that was in and on us, and He gave us His life: His pure, blameless, righteous, perfect, abundant life.   

Look at the words "to lay down one's life." One's implies ownership: His own life. For ours. For mine. For yours.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again." - John 10:17-18

He said, "I lay down My life... No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself...."

Jesus chose to lay his life down for our lives. Why? Because He is Love. He came to rescue His creation, His masterpiece, His friends. He actually calls us His friends. 

Can you imagine? The God of the universe, The God of the atom chooses to call us His friends. How powerful and amazing and humbling is that? Can you wrap your head around this? We are His friends. He came on a rescue mission to save His friends. 

Are you worth saving? God says you are. He says you're his beloved. Is it not beautiful that God could think so much of us that He would call us words like wonderfully made, marvelous, masterpiece, son, daughter, child, friend

What kind of God would even consider us? A God that is Love.

A God that says, "There is no greater Love than what I am going to do for you. I am going to trade My Life for yours. I am going to restore you to all the glory and wonder you were meant to have. I am going to heal you; all of you: Spirit, soul and body. I am going to give you back all that Satan stole from you. I am going to return the earth and all that is in it back to you. I am going to dwell in you so that you will never be alone, you will never be separated from Me again. I am going to Love you. You are my child. You are my friend." 

Jesus is Love. God is Love. There truly is no greater Love than the Love He has for us. For me. For you. 

Be Loved......................

No comments:

Post a Comment